Helpful Books About Relationships, Divorce, Parenting, and More
ReSolution Services is proud to be able to recommend a wide range to offer books about divorce. We also connect readers with parenting books, as well as titles dealing with affairs, anxiety, and other life issues. Please take a few minutes to review our recommendations.
Books for Individuals and Parents by Category
- "After the Affair (Healing the Pain and Rebuilding Trust When a Partner Has Been Unfaithful)" - Janis Abrahms Spring, Ph.D.
- "Affairs (A Guide to Working Through the Repercussions of Infidelity)" - Emily M. Brown
- "Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway" - Susan Jeffers
- "The Dance of Fear" - Harriet Lerner, PhD
- "When Panic Attacks" - David Burns
- "The Dance of Connection" - Harriett Lerner, PhD
- "Talking and Listening Together (Couple Communication I)" - Sherod Miller. Phyllis Miller. Elam W. Nunnallly. Daniel B. Wackman / Interpersonal Communication Programs Inc.
- "Boundaries" - Henri Cloud & John Townsend
- "Boundaries in Marriage" - Henri Cloud & John Townsend
- "Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples" - Harville Hendrix
- "His Needs, Her Needs (Building An Affair-Proof Marriage)" - William F. Harley
- "Hold Me Tight (Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love)" - Dr. Sue Johnson
- "Ten Lessons to Transform Your Marriage" - John Gottman and Joan DeClaire
- "The Dance of Anger" - Harriet Lerner
- "The Dance of Intimacy"- Harriet Lerner
- "The Five Love Languages"(How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate) - Gary Chapman
- "The Gaslight Effect" - Robin Stern
- "The Love Dare" - Stephen Kendrick, Alex Kendrick
- "The Relationship Cure: A 5 Step Guide to Strengthening Marriage" - John Gottman
- "The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work" - John M. Gottman, Ph.D. and Nan Silver
- "I Don't Walk to Talk About It (Overcoming the Secret Legacy of Male Depression)"- Terrence Real
- "Mind Over Mood"- D. Greenberger and C.A. Padesky, The Guilford Press, 2005
- "Feeling Good Handbook and Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy" - D. Burns, Plume Book
- "Alberta: Marriage, Separation and Divorce" - Understanding your Rights - Jean McBean QC
- "Cooperative Parenting and Divorce (Shielding Your Child From Conflict)" - Susan Blyth Boyan and Ann Marie Termini
- "Divorce Busters" - Michele Weinter-Davis
- "Mom's House Dad's House" (Making Shared Custody Work) - Isolina Ricci, Ph.D.
- "Parents Are Forever" (A Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming Successful Co-parents After Divorce) - Shirley Thomas, Ph.D.
Rebuilding When Your Relationship Ends
- "Workbook for Rebuilding When Your Relationship Ends" - 2nd Edition - Bruce Fisher with Jere Bierhaus
- "The Collaborative Way to Divorce" - Stuart G. Webb and Ronald D. Ousky
- "The Divorce Remedy" - Michele Weiner-Davis
- "Two Happy Homes (A Working Guide for Parents & Step-parents After Divorce and Remarriage)" - Shirley Thomas, Ph.D.
- "What About the Kids?" - Judith S. Wallerstein and Sandra Blakeslee
Divorce - Kids
- "Mom's House, Dad's House for Kids" - Isolina Ricci, Ph.D.
- "How to Talk so Kids Listen and Listen so Kids Talk" - Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
- "How to Talk so Teens Listen and Listen so Teens Talk" - Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
- "Siblings Without Rivalry" - Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
Journals and other Media
- Warshak, Richard, and Otis, Mark, (2010). "Welcome Back, Pluto: Understanding, Preventing and Overcoming Parental Alienation." DVD.
- Boyan, Susan Blyth, M.Ed., L.M.F.T., Termini, Ann Marie, M.S., L.P.C., (1999). "Cooperative Parenting and Divorce." United States of America: Active Parenting Publishers, Inc.
- Fagerstrom, Karen, Ph.D., (1997). "Divorce: A Problem to be Solved, NOT a Battle to be Fought." Orinda, California: Brookwood Publishing.
- Fitagerald, Helen, (1992). "The Grieving Child: A Parent's Guide. New York: Fireside, a division of Simon & Schuster Building."
- Garrity, Carla B., Baris, Mitchell A., (1994). "Caught in the Middle." San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers, a division of John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Health Canada, (2001) "Because Life Goes On...Helping Children and Youth Live With Separation and Divorce." Ottawa, Canada: Publications; Health Canada.
- Johnston, Janet R., Ph.D., Roseby, Vivienne, Ph.D., (1997). "In the Name of the Child." New York: The Free Press.
- Kransy-Brown, Laurene and Brown, Marc, (1986). "Dinosaurs Divorce. United States of America: Joy Street Books."
- Kroen, William C., Ph.D., LMHC, (1996). "Helping Children Cope with the Loss of a Loved One. United States of America: Free Spirit Publishing Inc."
- Leving, Jeffery M. with Dachman, Kenneth A., Ph.D., (1997). "Father's Rights. New York: Basic Books."
- McBean, Jean QC, (2004). "Alberta: Marriage, Separation, and Divorce." (4th ed.) Canada: Self-Counsel Press, a division of International Self-Counsel Press.
- Ricci, Isolina, Ph.D., (1980). "Mom's House, Dad's House." New York: MacMillan Publishing Company.
- Ricci, Isolina, Ph. D., (2006). "Mom's House Dad's House for Kids." New York: A Fireside Book.
- Teyber, Edward, Ph.D., (1985). "Helping Your Children With Divorce." New York: Pocket Books, a division of Simon & Schuster, Inc.
- Wallerstein, Judith S., and Blakeslee, Sandra, (2003). "What About The Kids?" New York: Hyperion Books.
- Walton, Norma, LL.B., (2002). "The Seven Steps to a Successful Separation." Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Perspectives Publishing House, a division of Global Perspectives, Inc.
- Warshak, Richard A., (2010). "Divorce Poison How to Protect Your Family from Bad-Mouthing and Brainwashing." New York: Harper.
- Webb, Stuart G., (2006). "The Collaborative Way to Divorce." New York: Plume Books.